Rexel Sweden is a leading electrical wholesaler, whose customers range from small local electrical companies to nationwide installers and automation specialists. Rexel offers a wide range of products and services within energy technology, including energy storage – a market that has experienced tremendous growth in recent years. Recently, Rexel has expanded its range of energy storage solutions, with the smart solution QuiPower, from the Swedish company Enequi.
Rexel Sweden is a company with a long history and roots stretching back to the 1920s and today Rexel is a worldwide expert in the professional distribution of products and services for the electrical industry. One of the people who works at Rexel is the salesperson Carl-Johan Falk, who daily works closely with both installers and suppliers. Rexel has recently expanded its product range with QuiPower, a complete solution for intelligent energy storage, with several features that stand out in the market.
Rexel was an early adopter of solutions for solar energy and energy storage, and Carl-Johan comments that Rexel is at the forefront when it comes to technical sales in solar energy, storage, electric car chargers and energy-efficient lighting.
– It’s a lot of fun to work closely with the installers on a daily basis and at the same time get to collaborate with the leading suppliers, such as Enequi. They continuously maintains a high pace of development and delivers new features that further increase the value for the end customer. After Johan Torstenson, salesman at Enequi, had presented QuiPower, expectations were high and we are happy to discover that the system lives up to what was promises, says Carl-Johan.
“It’s a lot of fun to work closely with the installers on a daily basis and at the same time get to collaborate with the leading suppliers, such as Enequi.”Carl-Johan Falk, sales representative at Rexel
QuiPower is an integrated solution for energy storage with a unique patented intelligence. This enables the system to automatically provide several smart features, such as peak power shaving, energy price optimization and phase balancing, which ultimately results in reduced electricity costs for the end customer and higher electrical comfort.
– QuiPower is still quite new to many installers, and we see a lot of interest when the benefits are presented. Of course, there are some questions as well, usually when the time comes for the installation, but installers are very positive, Carl-Johan comments.
Carl-Johan says that the process often starts with a customer visit, following a project planning for solar energy. When completed, it is sent to the installer along with an offer. After that, a lot of responsibility lies with the installer to enlighten the end customer about the benefits of QuiPower.
– QuiPower is a system with a slightly higher investment cost, but extremely profitable thanks to great flexibility and many customer values. The simplicity and automation are easy to convey to the end customer – you can tell that the installers have an easy time presenting the benefits of the system, says Carl-Johan.
“QuiPower is a system with a slightly higher investment cost, but extremely profitable thanks to great flexibility and many customer values.”Carl-Johan Falk, sales representative at Rexel
One of the installers of QuiPower is Rickard Ivelid, at Ivelid ELinstallation AB. He praises both the communication with Rexel’s sales and support department and the contact with Enequi’s support department. He also says that the QuiPower customers are very satisfied with the results.
– Customers are showing a lot of interest in QuiPower’s power and finesse, you can tell because they ask a lot. As installers, we need to be well-informed, Rickard says and continues:
– From an installation point of view, the system also feels solid and reliable with physical components and wiring. Of course, you have to plan ahead in your installations, but I think everything works very well throughout the chain.
He goes on to emphasize that it’s fun and easy to sell the system.
– If you look at the big picture, the whole system feels well thought through and up to date, with connection to NordPool and both weather forecasts and the end user’s consumption patterns.
Carl-Johan at Rexel also sees the connection to NordPool as a very big advantage of QuiPower. The feature – called energy price optimization – means that the system automatically trades and stores electricity when it is cheap, which provides added value that allows you to maximize the benefit of your energy storage solution.
– This is really something that provides great benefits for the end customer, comments Carl-Johan. And it will be exciting to see how QuiPower develops in the future, considering how smart the system already is today.